Each year, an estimated 100 million cases of dengue fever occur worldwide.
If you experience any of these symptoms of Dengue don’t take it lightly and consult your doctor at the earliest. Dengue can be treated successfully if it’s detected timely.
Asian Diagnostics offers blood tests to detect Dengue.
Dengue fever facts
- Dengue fever is a disease caused by a family of viruses that are transmitted by mosquitoes.
- Symptoms include as severe joint and muscle pain, swollen lymph nodes, headache, fever, exhaustion, and rash. The presence of fever, rash, and headache (the "dengue triad") is characteristic of dengue fever.
- Dengue is prevalent throughout the tropics and subtropics.
- Because dengue fever is caused by a virus, there is no specific medicine or antibiotic to treat it. For typical dengue fever, the treatment is directed toward relief of the symptoms (symptomatic treatment).
- The acute phase of the illness with fever and myalgias lasts about one to two weeks.
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) is a specific syndrome that tends to affect children under 10 years of age. It causes abdominal pain, hemorrhage (bleeding), and circulatory collapse (shock).
- The prevention of dengue fever requires control or eradication of the mosquitoes carrying the virus that causes dengue.
- There is currently no vaccine for dengue fever.
Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs
- high fever and severe headache with severe pain behind the eyes that is apparent when trying to move the eyes.
- joint pain,
- muscle and bone pain,
- and mild bleeding.